Well, I (barely) finished up functions this week and leapt into arrays.
What I learned this week:
- Global Scope and Function Scope are different. Be mindful of what variables you assign inside a function as opposed to globally.
- Global identifiers are a bad idea. Global identifiers can lead to bad variable names, conflicting variable names, and messy code. Rule of thumb - avoid.
- HOISTING IS SUPER CONFUSING.
- I finished the functions chapter. It's been the hardest - BY FAR. I barely got through it. I still need to visit Codecadmy for more practice on inline function declarations, which I found especially difficult.
- I don't need any other accomplishments this week. I finished functions. That's it.
- Functions were HARD for me. Especially grasping the idea of inline functions (that’s when a function acts as one of the declarations of another function.) I can read someone else’s function and it makes tons of sense, but writing one from scratch - it’s hard. And I’m not sure I could actually write them in real life either (or know when to use them.)