This week on the podcast we explore the product marketing and business intelligence side of product management. Our guest today is Sara Smith, Social Strategy Director. Riding the bridge between quant and qual, Sara uses Big Data to mine customer insights and build marketing strategies for “food fashion & fun” brands like Qdoba, Forever 21, and Hello Kitty.
In addition to talking about mining customer insights with big data, we discuss what Sara calls a “big data backlash.” How do we quantify ‘qualitative’ elements of the marketing strategy like cultural relevance?
Also in this episode:
- social listening and how this should be incorporated into your product marketing strategy
- Using the right language to build queries that will give you the right customer insights.
- In a Big Data world, how do you determine which data is important to mine insights for your product?
- The importance of being culturally relevant.
- How do you determine which metrics are important?
Follow Sara on Twitter: @thesarae
Connect with Sara on LinkedIn