I’ve been looking for a doctor for some time to come on the podcast and talk about product problems in medicine. Stuff like - Why is innovation adoption so slow in medicine? How will AI change my experience at the hospital? Why can’t I schedule an appointment with my doctor online? What are the problems that product people can solve?
We’re joined by Mike, a Denver-area radiologist, who answers these questions, and brings to light other unexpected product problems that are just waiting to be solved.
Finally - how can tech work with medicine to solve problems that we’ve already solved in other industries?
- 1:00: Intro and shenanigans
- 10:40: Product Use Cases in Medicine
- 17:20 - Will AI steal doctors’ jobs?
- 20:10 - Tech adoption, barriers to adoption in medicine
- 24:25 - Scheduling ‘Wheel of Fortune'
- 28:40 - Incentives and some product opportunity use cases
- 41:05 - Medical Tourism
- 42:45 - Tech + Medicine solving product problems.
- 51:30 - An example of a manual process
- 55:00 - The product opportunity in medicine
Links Mentioned in the Episode
Subscribe to the Podcast
Follow Product Popcorn